Friday, August 20, 2010

The Death of the Cool

Hey what's up again everybody hope ya'll are having some type of good time on the last days of summer before most of you go back to that thing called school X____X. Today I just wanna touch on a subject that something that no car person would like to answer.

Is the car hobby going down the drain?

To me this question is something that is on the slow decline and quite possibly no way of getting out of. I mean really lets list the factors. (btw this is based on cali living)

1. Smog - Number one killer amongst the car enthusiasts. Here in Cali it's great living... Non financially speaking, great weather, great places and what not. But damn with this implemented and being super strict (thanks to your local tree huggers) we simply can't do anything with our cars, ESPECIALLY since I heard for the past 2 DAYS that the local pd is pulling people over for random smog checks and popping hoods. I understand Cali is broke and all but please leave it to when we have to smog.

2. Fix it tickets - Please can't we just do these things at our own risk without being penalized?

3. What's next after Hella Flush? - Alright so we had surges of car fads. So we had import drag racing, then it was import vs domestic, all during that time it was the reign of Honda's. Then we had a year period where nothing happened, then we had drifting, drifting saved it for awhile but it's not as big as it is in Asia or Europe. And now we have Hella Flush, been a great couple years with this. It's like everything got pushed to the limit and now there is no innovation, no creativity, ask yourself what can the car industry do next?

Those listed factors to say the least I know there are more out there but I'll let someone else cover it.

Honestly I don't see what else there is there to do since it's been all covered in my eyes. I hope it doesn't come to an end with all these legal issues springing up. If it does then we could say goodbye to a hobby that not only I love but millions of people love as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment